Pre-Conception Supplements for Men
What are the benefits of a pre-conception supplement?
The pre-conception supplement for men which is available from Midland Fertility contains L-carnitine, which has been shown to make sperm swim better, so they are better able to reach and fertilise the woman’s egg.
At less than 2g, the amount of L-carnitine is optimised for efficient absorption to improve sperm quality, but not to reach a saturation level where any excess is simply flushed out of the body.
L-carnitine is absorbed into the body over a 12 hour cycle and so it is recommended that the supplement is taken twice a day to maintain optimum levels of L-carnitine to ensure an improvement in sperm motility.
- significantly increases sperm concentration – a study showed improvement from 45.76 million/ml to 49.98 after three months and 72.02 after six months
- improves the ability of sperm to swim to a fertilise the woman’s egg
- by improving its ability to penetrate the wall of the egg
- improves sperm quality by decreasing physical abnormalities
- reduces implantation failure and repeated miscarriage
- reduces DNA fragmentation of the sperm
- improves antioxidant capacity to protect the sperm from damage by free radicals
What does the pre-conception supplement contain?
- L-carnitine: to improve sperm mobility and enhance energy metabolism
- antioxidants: coenzyme Q10, vitamin Cm vitamin E, selenium – to protect sperm cells from damage by free radicals and enhances motility and count
- vitamins: vitamins B9 (folic acid) and vitamin 12 – play a vital role in the production of healthy sperm, insufficient amounts of both leads to a decrease in sperm count and motility. B12 is involved in cell maturation and DNA synthesis
- minerals: zinc – prevents DNA fragmentation, improves the maturation process and functionality of sperm, and raises the level of testosterone
Who may benefit?
Androferti is recommended for any man who, with his partner, is trying to conceive naturally or with assisted conception. It is recommended for six months, although results may appear after three months.
What is included in the cost?
What is not included in the cost?
Cost of Androferti male pre-conception supplement at Midland Fertility (1 box/60 sachets [one month’s supply]) : £60.00
Registered patients and non-patients may buy it from Midland Fertility.
Please refer to the current List of Charges for the costs of all services at Midland Fertility.
- healthy sperm
- sperm DNA fragmentation
- fertility check-up for men
- fertility check-up for female/male couples
- fertility check-up for women
- pre-conception supplements for women
Alternatively go to Download Literature, and download the following infosheets:
- Healthy Sperm
- Sperm DNA Fragmentation
- Private Sperm Analysis