Midland Fertility always seeks to enhance its range of services and recognises the benefits of some complementary therapies for patients dealing with infertility or going through IVF and other fertility treatments.
Currently Midland Fertility offers the following complementary therapies services:
- group acupuncture therapy sessions at Midland Fertility – available to registered patients and non-patients alike
- a list of ‘preferred providers‘ throughout the West Midlands whom registered patients and non-patients may contact and make appointments to have treatments at their own premises
What is acupuncture therapy?
Acupuncture originated in China and can be traced back about 2,000 years. It is used to promote health and well-being by restoring the body’s natural balance.
According to Traditional Natural Medicine, the aim of acupuncture is to restore the body’s equilibrium – mind, body and spirit matrix. This is based on the premise that bodily functions are regulated by Qi – an ‘energy’ or ‘vital force’ which flows through the body known as meridian channels.
How does it work?
Acupuncture involves inserting the use of fine, single use, sterilised and disposable needles under the skin at specific points in the body’s network of energy channels. The technique is simple, highly effective and efficient and most people feel significant improvement after their first session of acupuncture.
What does acupuncture feel like?
Acupuncture needles are finer than needles used for injections and blood tests. Most clients find acupuncture to be extremely relaxing and with no discomfort. Some clients do not feel the insertion of the acupuncture needle, but may feel a dull ache at the time of insertion, or a tingling, which disappears soon after.
What are the benefits?
Acupuncture therapy is as much about the maintenance of general health and well-being as the management of any particular condition. However, it may be useful to manage the following:
- many people find it useful in managing stress and health issues associated with sub-fertility and fertility treatment, particularly before egg collection and embryo transfer
- auricular (ears) acupuncture is useful for stress management, post-traumatic stress, pain management, internal organ balance, mental and emotional balance, detoxification, addiction, substance misuse, weight loss/gain and many other health conditions, as well as general well-being
- facial acupuncture may be used for toning and general beauty therapy. It is also useful for emotional release and stress management and facial trauma
- hand acupuncture is used in pain management, musculo-skeletal injuries and for maintaining general well-being
- foot acupuncture may be helpful in pain management, internal organ function and relaxation
- group acupuncture therapy sessions at Midland Fertility
- a list of ‘preferred providers‘ acupuncture therapists throughout the West Midlands
- a list of therapists with ‘practising privileges‘ who can offer one-to-one services at IVI Midland